Preface #1

"Artist's Statement" (Essay)

Jason Cole Magnon "Artist’s Statement" I want my readers to be able to have at least two distinct kinds of experienc...

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"No Regrets"

Jason Cole Magnon
5 January 2015

"No Regrets"

Your voice is soft and warm
And what can I say? Everything in romance is cliché. 
But here is novelty and passion I can't ignore, after 
       That wave crashed upon me… 
       After I fought to the surface...
There, the water was still for long enough that I could see
My face reflected, like an island, in the infinite water. 
I saw the very visage of aloneness
And with the next wave, I understood you.

                                       Regrets.

I'm not sure, however, but another wave may have knocked me unconscious
For, surely, I must be concussive, or self-deceiving... because I see no reason
To regret now. (Or later.) 
What do you regret so strongly,
That you can't imagine redeeming it in the future? 
Or, 
You could settle it today. 
You deserve to be free.
(Not free from, but free to.
That's the real freedom.)

Now is no time for regret… You see,
There's a gravity that's pulling together
Two isolated bodies from their little corners
In the vast depths of this endless space.

I feel no regrets and no need for them now.
I feel
Every cell in my body coming alive, and a hint of eager anticipation.
But, I don’t know for what, yet, I'm feeling all this, exactly.

Do you?

No comments: