Preface #1

"Artist's Statement" (Essay)

Jason Cole Magnon "Artist’s Statement" I want my readers to be able to have at least two distinct kinds of experienc...

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"The Brave One"

[A Revision of "Dawning Reflection"]

Jason Cole Magnon

“The Brave One”

I wonder,
How far she feels from home;
How utterly isolate:
Estranged, alone.
I see,
How Time has hastened its pace in
A sun rising behind her eyes: the 
Dawn of wisdom derived in dark of night.
I feel,
Her true, undiscovered Self
Eclipse
The mask she'd mistaken for her,
Averting instead all reflections to her head of
The true power and beautiful grace
Hidden
Behind a face:
Full, luminous, never clouded.

Maybe she needs a faithful reflection,
A moon to recollect the the sun...
There is a light. We are light.
Even in this dark, dark night.

Hold on, brave one.
And, 

let go.

No comments: